Laos & China Summer 2005

Monday, July 04, 2005

Badminton

Responding to comments:

Heather: Thanks for your encouraging words

Official blog entry:

Last night I played badminton with “the girls” and one of their brothers. (“Guy” – probably not spelt that way) I had a very enjoyable time. Out of the four games five games that we played, Ad and I won three and lost one (we didn’t play in the last game at all.) I think I like playing badminton. Either I am pretty good at it, or the people I am playing with are not very good. Either way, I feel pretty good about playing it.

Afterwards, we had supper and talked for a while. One of the girls was asking me all sorts of words for things: dimples, mustache, goatee, sideburns, eyelashes, ghost, scared, scary. It was fun. (like what I do in class, but less structured.)

Sometimes spending time with these girls can be kind of exhausting since I don't always know what is going on, and it can be hard work to communicate. Sometimes I would rather just stay at home, but last night I had an excellent time.

-Luke

2 Comments:

  • We watched a special on TV (60 Minutes) telling of: "The private sector's race to space is being led by maverick aeronautical engineer Burt Rutan, who foresees thousands of people enjoying the view from space in the very near future."
    The design that enables his craft to reenter earth's atmosphere with very little danger is the fact that the wings of his craft can reposition while still in space where there is little drag. The shape of the wing resembles a portion of a Badmitton Shuttlecock!
    No matter what way it comes down, it always faces in the best re-entry position possible - so does Rutan's craft.
    One never knows what one will learn from a game.

    http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?channel=60Sunday&CMP=KNC-2005googlecampaign
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Rutan
    http://www.scaled.com/

    - dopad

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:36 AM  

  • Wow I never knew that it could be so exhausting to hang out with girls. Remind me to stay at a distance from now on.;)--chuckle
    Your summer is turning out way more interesting than mine! All I have really gotten to do is go to Kansas City, MO. Although that was fun because I got to see where my dad grew up. Plus I got to see some friends of mine that I haven't seen for at least a couple years.
    I hope you are having fun over seas as well as an education about other cultures. Say hello to everyong for me. That reminds me when are you coming back? I want to make sure I pray extra hard so that you all come back to us.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home