Laos & China Summer 2005

Friday, June 24, 2005

20 Days till China

Responding to comments:

Rachel: Ya, we’ll miss you too. where are you going to be? (another school I know, but I can’t remember where or what you are going there for… you don’t have to respond in a comment on the blog. drop me an email instead: luke.storer@gmail.com Thanks for taking the time to read my blog.

Christy: thanks with your help with Platypi. As to morning glories, I have now seen what they call morning glories, and it is a completely different plant. But, if you would like to eat some in America Christy, be my guest. (smile)

I hereby pardon you (Christy McDougall) from all guilt in using my blog to ask Alyse a question. You will not be punished for your crimes, however next time, you will be fully conscious of the seriousness of your crime and the penalty may be death.

Alyse: I really don’t have anything to say about your comment, but I thought I would say hello and thank you for being so kind as to be up early in the morning and talk with me for a little while on messenger.

Samantha: yep, I was at FaHoCha… the duct tape guy. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Official blog entry:

So my time teaching is about half over. In some ways it has flown by, and in other ways it seems like such a long time. It's kinda strange how that works. I look forward to meeting the team in China, but I still have two full weeks of teaching left.

Pineapple is so much better here than what I have had in America. Its kind of like comparing tomatoes you buy in the store to the ones you grow in your garden (or get from someone else’s garden) Ok, maybe the difference isn’t quite THAT drastic, but it is noticeable. And it is much less expensive here. You can buy a pineapple about as tall as the distance from the top of my middle finger to my wrist and almost able to fit inside my hands if I took my pinky, ring finger, middle finger, index finger and thumb of my right hand and touched them to the pinky, ring finger, middle finger, index finger and thumb of my left hand for the price of 3000 kip (aka 30 cents) Not bad at all.

I went to Thailand today for a couple hours and then returned to Laos without any trouble. (I had to do this because my visa only lasted 15 days, so I had to leave and come back to get another 15 days.

-Luke

2 Comments:

  • "We find the prisoner innocent but she is advised not to do it again." Is that how it is, then?
    What do Lao morning glories look like?
    Did you ever call your parents from Thailand yesterday? I had gone to babysit that evening, so I missed it if you did.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:08 AM  

  • You are welcome. It was really a treat to get to "talk" to you. Nathaniel and I got safely to MO. I was only a half hour late to his house to pick him up. (grin)

    It was a good drive and Christy and I stayed up appropriately late talking (4 am). Heehee.

    I won't tell you about eating your mom's food while you are halfway around the world.

    By Blogger Maggi, at 1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home