Laos & China Summer 2005

Saturday, June 25, 2005

Rainbow Six

Responding to Comments:

Christy: Yes that is how it is. (smile) Lao Morning glories – I haven’t seen the plant growing anywhere, but I hear it has white flowers. What I have seen was little branches of the stuff with a relatively thick stalk that the leaves are on. (a little thinner than a pencil) and the leaves are long and pointed. maybe a little more than a quarter of an inch wide at the bottom and then narrowing to the point. a little less than three inches long. (but this is based on Luke’s memory and his mind that is not very good at estimating measurements. Yes I called home, and that was very good.

Official blog entry: Tom Clancy’s, Rainbow Six, is a very well-written book. It is exciting, believable and very realistic. From the beginning of the book he not only gets you well acquainted with the “good guys” but he spends time each chapter developing the story of the “bad guys” In the book’s realism is included a rather large amount of swearing and very graphic violence. So graphic, that last night when I finished reading chapter seven (page 196) I felt my conscience kick in. I thought I would be able to just allow my eyes to skip over the foul language as I read, but I do read the words, and with my very excellent imagination, the violence becomes quite real. I thought, “What am I putting into my mind?” I debated the issue as I fell asleep and this morning when I woke up I knew I couldn’t finish the book (as much as I really would love to) Maybe I will read it some day (like if I can ever find a copy that has been well-edited) but for now it will go back on the shelf, and I will try another book. A Time to Kill. by John Grisham. according to the Author’s note at the beginning, this was his very first book. We will see how this one goes.

For lunch I ate something that was quite a bit like eating Ramen Noodles. Green noodles—very similar to the ones in Ramen Noodles (I have no idea why they were green) and a beef broth over the top of those noodles. It was a little spicy, maybe had curry in it, I don’t know.

-Luke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home