Laos & China Summer 2005

Saturday, June 11, 2005

Nothing Much

Not much is happening today. It is Saturday, and I don’t have any obligations yet. This should be very exciting because I can do whatever I want. However, so far it has just been a really long day.

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed doing reading and finishing “Why Not Women?,” Driving around town a little, talking to my parents on the phone (which I was able to do this morning for the first time since I left home on May 23), and playing on the computer a little… It is just that I did all of those things before noon. If the power hadn’t turned back on (it shuts off at unexpected times, and I never know when it will turn back on.) I don’t know what I would have kept myself busy with this afternoon. I guess I am not used to such massive amounts of free time. I am sure I will long for times like this after I get started with my teaching, but right now it can get a little boring. I guess most of all I just need to rethink how I use my time, and “Talk to my Boss” about it for a while (as my Dad said it this morning on the phone.)

I don’t think I have told you about the tractors that are used here. I will do my best to describe them to you. Imagine a plow pulled by a pair of oxen. (the kind you think of being used in anciet times.) Now, put a tractor wheel on either side of plow. Now remove the oxen, and in their place you have a rectangle box put on the front of the plow (the motor). That is pretty much it. I drew a very rough picture on paint. It is located below

The “plow” part can be changed and removed, and some people attach a trailer to the hitch on the tractor. The result: A little tractor car. Some people take parts of old cars and piece them together and then take the motor of the tractor and mount it on their home made car. It is quite creative.

As I have already mentioned, Miku bought a new camera. I was able to take some of his best pictures and put them on a CD. The following are some that I thought you might enjoy.

-Luke

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home