Laos & China Summer 2005

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Laos PDR

Here I am. After two more days of travel I have arrived in the Peoples Democratic Republic of Laos. The weather is very hot and humid. I constantly have this hot-sticky feeling.

I arrived at the airport at midnight on Sunday night/Monday Morning. We drove to a hotel in a taxi, and then we slept. The next day we went back to the airport, had a 50 min. flight, a three hour bus ride, and then stopped at a village right on the border of Laos. My uncle Jay has a house there that we spent the night in. Today we went to the river took a boat across to Laos. I am doing very well. I have so many things I could write, but I don't have the time. I think I will write some more later... copy some things from my journal.

For those of you who have heard that I tend to get motion sick on planes. It is true. My first flight ended with an unpleasent use of one of the bags they provide "for motion discomort" the bag leaked, and I had to change clothing after I got off. The rest of the flight was much better. I was told that Mentos help, and so I ate one of those every time we took off or landed or experienced turbulance. I didn't have to use any of the bags after that, but I have officially decided I dislike flying. It is convienit to be able to travel for hours instead of months, but I do not enjoy the flights.

-Luke

1 Comments:

  • That's too bad you got sick on the flight. There is a motion sickness drug called dramamean (do not know if that is the correct spelling) that helps a lot. I took some on some of my first flights and it helped quite a bit. Don't know if you'd be able to find some before Bethany and your flight to Beijing but it might be worth looking for. Hope you are having more fun now. See you in China!
    -Bekah

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home